Most young people who have experienced trauma in their lives (for whatever reason) have unique challenges in their educational goals. These can range from loss of credits due to school moves, to challenging school environments, or a lack of commitment to education because of the many other challenges in a young person’s life that is more of a priority at that time.
Regardless of the reason, Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up will provide each student with a quality education that is engaging, interesting, and will help you to meet your educational goals. The mission of our Day Treatment Program is to provide an alternative therapeutic educational experience for those students who are having emotional, family or other related struggles and whose needs are not being served in their current educational environment.
Quality of Service
Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc., and by AdvancEd.
The program is regularly monitored and evaluated by the Colorado Department of Education to ensure its high quality.
Hallmarks of our school programming:
- Pre and Post testing show that you will advance in credits and content by more than 1½ yrs of grade level for every 180 school days at Griffith Centers.
- Low student-to-teacher ratios
- GradPoint online support for higher-risk students
- Career and Technical Education (previously “vocational technology”)
- Classes are separated by age groups, skill level, and other special needs.
- Classes are offered year-round, to help students “catch up” on credits.
- We offer specialized classrooms for students from K through 12th grade.
- We will work with students who are eligible for off-campus (public) schools, involvement with college-level coursework, and can accommodate for those clients whose best option is to receive a General Equivalency Diploma. Our desire is for the best possible education for our clients.
- All students receive individual math & reading intervention to increase student achievement on a weekly basis.
- Students receive clinical services of individual and family therapy.
- Individualized school program design
- Academic testing
The students at the Griffith Centers for Children are given the attention and support needed to overcome obstacles, thus getting back on the road to success and graduation. The Day Treatment Program is an alternative to Residential Treatment and is suited for individuals who are able to function with lower amounts of structure when school is dismissed.
For more information call Coyla Dowdel, Principal at 719-327-2008 or