Griffith Centers for Children specializes in providing a full continuum of therapeutic treatment and academic services for boys, girls, and families. We are licensed and nationally accredited to serve children from birth to 21 years of age. We provide community programs such as family preservation, day treatment, education and counseling services. Griffith Centers also provides residential-based programs such as foster care and shared family care, respite services, adoption, group homes, residential treatment (staff secure and open) and independent living services.
The Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Youth Treatment Counselor (Colorado Springs)
POSITION: Youth Treatment Counselor
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
SCHEDULES AVAILABLE: Up to 40 hours per week
GRIFFITH CENTERS for CHILDREN utilizes an experiential approach along with traditional forms of treatment for troubled boys. The experiential approach includes a ropes course, mountain climbing, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, snow boarding, camping, and hikes.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Program implementation—Implementation of all lodge based treatment programs. Assist in the transportation of clients per supervisor’s request. Assist in providing recreational and leisure activities. Provide consistent messages to clients, avoid “power struggles” and intervene and assist in the resolution of crisis situations between clients. Provide consistent, full-time supervision for lodge clients at all times to ensure accountability of clients (especially note transition times to and from administration, school, gym, and evening/weekends). Special staff assignments as primary contact to assure regular face-to-face contact with clients. Required to implement and or participate in physical restraints of the clients when necessary. Provide routine documentation, prepare daily reports, and assist the team in completing treatment reports.
ENVIRONMENT: Assure that the lodge is a clean, safe, healthy treatment environment, which meets all licensing requirements. Supervise and facilitate client care of the environment. Request via requisitions any resources necessary to fulfill this. Recommend any changes, which would enhance the treatment environment. Complete fire drills as necessary to assure compliance with the Griffith Centers for Children standards.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited university. Experience of one year in a related field and demonstrated competence may be utilized to waive the college education.
REQUIREMENTS: Must remain in on-going contact with the direct supervisor, work a minimum of one shift a month, attend mandatory in-service trainings and stay updated on the training requirements.
If you have any questions please contact Larry Welch, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age. All positions require background checks including employer, criminal, national sex offender, child welfare database, MVR, physical, TB, and drug test. This employer participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Colorado Springs
- This is a part-time job.
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- Please, no phone calls about this job
- Development Associate (Colorado Springs)
Job Title: Development Associate
Reports To: Executive Director, Foundation
Position status: Hourly/Non-exempt
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Nature of Position: This position is directly responsible for the day-to-day administration, management and integrity of the Raisers Edge donor database. Also responsible for providing administrative and event support to the President/CEO and Executive Director, Foundation. Prepares mailings and updates social media platforms and Web site. Must be a dedicated team player and exceptionally detail-oriented. Able to demonstrate mastery of Raisers Edge, WordPress, MS Office as well as Graphic Design Software and the use of social media. Comfortable working directly in a school/child-centered environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years equivalent professional experience and skills in data management, fundraising event support, and donor communication for a non-profit organization. Experience in a human/social services organization preferred.
- Experience managing a donor database with tasks to include gift processing, running queries and reports, and preparing mailing lists. Experience in Raisers Edge preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in maintaining social media communication and Web sites.
- The ability to organize, effectively multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to take direction and maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work with sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of Griffith’s clients and staff.
- Must pass a background check, drug screen, physical exam and have a valid Colorado state driver’s license.
- Administer donor data base and perform gift entry and processing to include thank you letter preparation and distribution.
- Coordinate all special event logistics to include on-site set up, clean up, and related activities.
- Oversee maintenance of Web site and social media platforms.
- Provide administrative support to the President/CEO and the Executive Director, Foundation including meeting set-up and clean-up as well as preparation of meeting materials/packets.
- Maintain and update material/contents of board binders and information packets.
- Coordinate production and distribution of marketing materials for all events, direct mail appeals, print newsletters, E-newsletters, annual reports, brochures, etc.
- Coordinate the production of letterhead and business cards.
- Coordinate and solicit in-kind contributions for events and holiday giving program.
- Support coordination of volunteers for campus projects as needed.
- Welcome guests and escort them to the proper location.
- Must be available to travel in-state periodically on behalf of the agency.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends to support agency events when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and able to negotiate stairs.
- Must be able to negotiate stairs.
Application: Interested, qualified applicants should email a cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Director of Finance (Denver)
Director of Finance for Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up
Are you up to the challenge of being the Finance Director for Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up? This position will be located in Denver, CO.
This is a senior leadership position providing strategic, financial, and operational direction for Griffith Centers to increase our ability to Strengthen Colorado Communities One Family at a Time. We currently make a difference to about 1,000 children and families and need to expand services to meet an even greater demand. The right person, in addition to developing sound financial management systems, will incorporate financial principles into our operating culture, form strong partnerships with our CEO, Board, senior leaders, and our stakeholders to improve our financial ability to fund expansion of our services and communities we serve.
Please contact us if you are up to producing outstanding strategic and operational outcomes to drive even greater success for Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up.
Contact Name: Larry Welch (HR Director)